The land at 717 Milwaukee Avenue was part of a farm owned by Alfred and Mary Jane Fowle. The land was subdivided in 1892 and the home was built in 1897. Throughout the years, many additions and improvements were made to the house.
Several families and businesses occupied the premises throughout the years. Felix Fabinski, the last owner of the home, donated the property to the South Milwaukee Historical Society in 1972.
The home was opened as the South Milwaukee Historical Society Museum in 1977. The building functions as a Museum and Archives today.
The Museum is available for tours to Scout Groups, Civic Organizations and School Groups. It is also available to individuals for research or tours. For more information or to arrange a tour, please call or text: 414-520-1285.